I need this same shock but with a spring 2x load capacity

• Public
  • 0/5 (0 votes)

I need this same shock but with a spring 2x load capacity

Started by Joe Jones 131 days ago

I am searching for a spring assist shock to replace the Progressive Suspension air shock on my California Sidecar ESCAPADE ELITE trailer, which is a pod trailer that is pulled behind a motorcycle.  I bought these shocks because of the dimensions being "close enough" to the originals.  However, when the trailer is loaded with camping gear, etc, the shocks bottom out.  Those springs are unable to support the weight, and the trailer has no other suspension.  I am DESPERATE to find a suitable replacement ASAP.  CA Sidecar no longer sells their air shocks (made by Progressive Suspension) nor the rebuild kits, so I am dead in the water here, trying to find SOMETHING I can install onto this trailer so I can begin my tour, which is nearly a month delayed already. CA Sidecar says a dual coil over gas shock is "in the works" but cannot offer a delivery date.  There is no room in the shock well for a large diameter spring, so this one would have been IDEAL if only the spring was twice as strong.  If you know of a shock with these dimensions (or very close to them) with a STRONGER spring, please tell me immediately! Joe