Muffler Direction


I have a Walker QuietFlow SS muffler 21563 on which is stamped the word INLET. Adjacent to the letter T is a small arrow pointing to the furthest end of the muffler. Is the arrow pointing to the inlet end of the muffler (engine side) or does the arrow indicate exhaust flow which would mean the muffler should be installed with the arrow pointing towards the exhaust end?


  • Tenneco Tech Rep Trevor M 381 days ago


    Typically when the muffler has the word inlet and an arrow on it, the arrow is pointing toward the inlet.  With that being said, this muffler is designed and manufactured to be installed with the offset side as the inlet and the centered pipe as the outlet.  We apologize for any confusion the stamping may have created.