Squeaking Shock

Hello,

I installed a pair of these shock absorbers on the back end of my 2010 Toyota 4Runner six weeks ago.  The ride and handling are very good but the rear right shock makes a loud squeak when that wheel hits a pot hole.  It's very aggravating.  I've checked the tourque on the top and bottom mounting nuts and it's up to specs.  Rubber bushings are new, of course, and positioned correctly.  I even had my mechanic put it up on a hoist and we both inspected the entire back half of the chasis and everything looked good.  No mis-routed brake lines or other visible obstructions.

Any idea what I should do?

Thank you!

Replies

• Tenneco Tech Rep Trevor M 289 days ago

Hello,

In this situation, based on all the inspection done on the vehicle, I would recommend having the shock replaced under warranty.  It is difficult to say exactly what is going on in this instance.  However, since it is possible that the concern is related to an internal noise issue on the shock that can''t be fixed, replacement would be the only other alternative.  Replacement can be processed through the retailer, or you can contact us directly to have it processed through our Warranty department.  Please feel free to call in at 1-734-384-7809 M-F 8:30am-5:30pm EST.