Difference between part 53541 and 52259

are the parts mention above the same as in length and everything? I just want to replace the old part with the cheap part for the 2001 honda accord LX 2.3L, i know its a federal emissions car but will the california emissions fit ok?

Replies

• Tenneco Tech Rep Jack M 231 days ago

The routing of the pipes will be different between the Federal and California emissions options. This means that you will need to use the part that is called out for the emissions system your vehicle is equipped with.

-Jack

• nachobear 230 days ago

what do you mean by routing?

so the only way to work out this situation is to use the federal emission down pipe for my honda since it is built for federal emissions?

• Tenneco Tech Rep Jack M 230 days ago

By routing I mean the path the the exhaust pipe takes as it travels from front to rear of the vehicle. You will want to use the pipe that is called out for the emissions your vehicle is equipped with. Federal for Federal and California for California.

-Jack

• nachobear 69 days ago

just want to say that I manage to use the 53541 pipe which is a california emissions exhaust pipe on the honda, which is a federal emissions car, both the federal and california emissions exhaust front down pipe had difficulty with installation since the hanger that uses part 35460 had to be bent and the  middle bolt on hanger also had to be bent, this company has to make adjustments for this front  down exhaust pipe 

• nachobear 67 days ago

so why was the entire exhaust system from walker themselves didn''t work out, the hanger locations were off

parts that didn''t install easily

part 49237 which is an exhaust pipe with the reasonator

part 18904 Walker SoundFX Muffler

and the mystery part that was questioned if this california emission pipe would fit on a federal emissions vehicle, the front exhaust down pipe, part  53541 

• Tenneco Tech Rep Jack M 67 days ago

It is hard to say at this point, with a part being used on the vehicle that is not called out for it. This may have a slight angle or length difference that can throw off the rest of the system.

-Jack

• Tenneco Tech Rep Jack M 67 days ago

It is hard to say at this point, with a part being used on the vehicle that is not called out for it. This may have a slight angle or length difference that can throw off the rest of the system.

-Jack